The course will comprise six half-day sessions broken down into the above aspects of Hull and Machinery surveying. It is intended to help those establishing themselves as a H&M surveyor and consultant. Experienced H&M surveyors who may be lacking experience in some areas may also find the course useful. There are many pitfalls which can confront a H&M surveyor. It is the hope of the presenter that by attending this course you will be aware of many of them before they become a reality.
The course will be ideal for those who wish to expand their knowledge of hull & machinery surveying, possible damage sustained handling difficult cases. The course content and depth will be adjusted to the ability and experience of those attending.
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
• The legal aspects of H&M surveying
• H&M and P&I Insurance Implications
• The roles & duties of the H&M surveyor with respect to the different types of survey
• Proactive and reactive H&M surveys
• The different types of H&M survey
• Relationships with other surveys – protocols, conducts, ethics
• Surveying tools
• Evidence gathering and preservation
• Resolution of claims – typical difficult cases
• Difference between marine surveyor and consultant
• Expert opinion and witness assignments
• Speed and angle of blow assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is a ‘must do’ course for those intending to enter the H&M surveying specialisation of the marine surveying profession and for experienced surveyors who wish to expand and deepen their knowledge of the subject.
• Marine Surveyors intending to become H&M Surveyors
• H&M Underwriters and Brokers
• P&I Club Claim Executives with H&M insurance interests
• Shipyard Management who wish to learn the procedures involved in H&M claims
• Admiralty Lawyers involved in H&M claims and disputes
• Those wishing to expand their knowledge up to consultancy and expert witness work
|Request For Brochure||Register Now|